Welcome to the Research Group of Advanced Geodesy
Advanced Geodesy deals with the figure of the Earth, its gravity field, Earth orientation in Space, and monitoring of global dynamic processes like plate tectonics and sea level variations. It makes use of modern space geodetic techniques, such as Global Navigation Satellite Systems and Very Long Baseline Interferometry. Advanced Geodesy plays a key role in improving our understanding of the complex Earth system and provides accurate and stable reference frames that are fundamental to any kind of positioning on Earth and in Space as well as to the observation of Global Change.
- Johannes Böhm elected President of the EGU Geodesy Division
- PhD Defense Fabian Hinterberger
- 7th VieVS User Workshop
- Prof. in Höherer Geodäsie
- Univ.-Ass. PräDoc Höhere Geodäsie
- J. Dousa, G. Dick, M. Kacmarik, R. Brozkova, F. Zus, H. Brenot, A. Stoycheva, G. Möller, J. Kaplon:
Benchmark campaign and case study episode in Central Europe for development and assessment of advanced GNSS tropospheric models and products
Atmospheric Measurement Techniques, 9 (2016), 2989 - 3008.
- L. Plank, J. Lovell, J. McCallum, D. Mayer, C. Reynolds, J. Quick, S. Weston, O. Titov, S. Shabala, J. Böhm, T. Natusch, M. Nickola, S. Gulyaev:
The AUSTRAL VLBI observing program
Journal of Geodesy, online first (2016). [ More information ]
- M. Madzak, M. Schindelegger, J. Böhm, W. Bosch, J. Hagedoorn:
High-frequency Earth rotation variations deduced from altimetry-based ocean tides
Journal of Geodesy, online first, article final inclusion in an issue (2016), 1 - 17. [ More information ]